What Song Are You Playing Now?

CaptainQuark said:
Never heard of 'em! ::ha::

Omerta – Katatonia

You've never heard of the musical called RENT? It's actually pretty good, I had my doubts about seeing the movie, but I enjoyed it.

The Longest Line - NoFX

Undertow – Pain of Salvation

speXedy said:
You've never heard of the musical called RENT? It's actually pretty good, I had my doubts about seeing the movie, but I enjoyed it.

Can't say I have.

speXedy said:
The Longest Line - NoFX

I'm confused! In your pic on Photommunity you look like a metalhead. NoFX are listed in the Bible of Metal, Rockdetector (you can find their entry here, but they're listed as Nu-Punk.

Eeeeeeeuuuuuwwww!

:D

I actaully don't really like Metal, I listen to just about anything, but mainly Green Day, NoFX, The Acadamy Is..., Jimmy Eat World, Smashing Pumpkins, Pennywise, ect. Stuff like that.

But I'm open for just about anything. I just never really got into the whole metal scene.

Attention - The Acadamy is...

I'll have to check them out.

I added you to MSN if you're ever bored and wanna chat

Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - They Might Be Giants

Pluvius Aestivus of summer rain (homines fabula initium) – Pain of Salvation

speXedy said:
I'll have to check them out.
Errr… Prog isn't a band. It's a style of metal. If you've ever heard Pink Floyd (surely everyone's heard Pink Floyd!), especially "Animals", well, that's Prog Rock.

I'm a huge fan of Prog Metal. Imagine music in the style of Pink Floyd –*not your usual '2 minute 59' verse/chorus/verse/chorus/instrumental reprise/verse/chorus kinda song, but one of those 20 minute tracks that change rhythm and melody – but heavier!

Prog, just as all other kinds of metal, varies in heaviness. From fairly light rock (such as later Pain of Salvation, whose album "Be" contains a lot of Swedish Folk influences) to the most skull-batteringly heavy death metal, such as parts of the album "Deliverance" by Opeth!

But I challenge you not to like "Stream of Consciousness" by Dream Theater

Ian Dury did a great song called "F***ing Ada".

And you know when you've got headphones on and can't hear how loud you are talking?

When I got my first ever Sony Walkman, way back in the early 80s, I was riding home on the tram, listening to my new acquisition and had that Ian Dury tape in. It wasn't until an angry person in the seat behind me tapped me on the shoulder thatI realised that I had been sat there shouting ""F***ing Ada, f***ing Ada" at the top of my voice! ::ha::

Daily Ethic – Codeseven

CaptainQuark said:
Ian Dury did a great song called "F***ing Ada".
I saw Ian Dury & The Blockheads at Ronny Scotts back in the 80's. Their jazz improvisations were as good as anything you would hear at that famous jazz club. You wouldn't think it with titles such as F**king Ada, would you?

"Neil Gows Lament to his second wife" Aly Bain (former "Boys of the Lough") great Irish/Scottish folk group.

Back