what unix version can I install in my mac os X?

None of those options will work for you under MacOSX. One thing that would have been nice is if Apple would have included FreeBSD's Linux emulation when they borrowed the rest of the distribution. then you could have used Linux version, but unless you install some sort of Linux on another partition, I am afraid you won't be running that software on your mac.

It looks like it may actually be a Java application. If it is, that means you can download any of them, pull out the JAR file, and then run that through Java Launcher. I'd expect the Unix versions would be the most likely to run.

If you can get it to work that way, there is a tutorial on Apple's Developer site on how to turn Java apps into proper Mac OS X .app applications with proper icons, menus and such.

Good luck!

Originally posted by BSDimwit
None of those options will work for you under MacOSX. One thing that would have been nice is if Apple would have included FreeBSD's Linux emulation when they borrowed the rest of the distribution. then you could have used Linux version, but unless you install some sort of Linux on another partition, I am afraid you won't be running that software on your mac.

Considering all Linux-binary-only apps are x86 I would see that as completely pointless.

Back