When do you think OS X 10.2.1 will come out?

OK this is just plain pathetic. We have over 7000 members on these boards, and I get just over 10 guesses. That's less than one fifth of one percent of the members on the board.

Surely you people can take 5 seconds to try and get $5 out of me. ;) Sheesh! :rolleyes:

If we are in fact talking about 10.2.1 and not 10.2 by itself, I think it would be (totally random date) November 24th.

August 21, 2002, Apple HQ time.
I think 10.2 will be first previewed at WWDC and then relased at MWNY in July. Then, a month later, the 10.2.1 update.

SimX, I think that the claiming of the prize (as tempting as a pastry and beverage sound right now :) ) is a little difficult for most members. For instance:
10. If you are the winner, I will offer you a pastry and a beverage, to be valued at no more than $5 (that's AMERICAN dollars). I am to buy the food items for you while you are present. No money (or food) will be sent through the mail.
How many members are in the Bay Area? The rest of us are out of luck. I may or may not travel to the bay area in the future. It's not that far from Tucson. But I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to claim a $5 prize....

:D

How about a pizza?
A lot of the chains are online now. maybe you can order it from your computer and have it sent to say.... Princeton?:)

Hmm..I can only agree with dlookus, send a pizza to the winner (I'm from Denmark):D

My guess: August 18, 2002

Yeah, I thought about that. I just didn't want people to get on my case for not sending them $5 through the mail (which would be kinda stupid, depending on the cost of mailing it).

I could do a pizza thing, but how many pizza deliverers are online in Europe?

Maybe the easiest thing would be to offer a personalized copy of MUG. :)

In any case, I'll probably change the rule sometime soon, and it still doesn't hurt any of you to guess anyway. :rolleyes: ;) :D :)

'scuse the ignorance -- but what is MUG?

And my first post said October 1st. Can I take it as implied that I mean October 1st, 2002?

I thought I'd revive this thread. I plan to update the rules just a teeny bit to change the prize to have the option of a personalized version of MUG (Memory Usage Getter, see my sig). I also plan to make the contest be closed when OS X 10.2 is out, and allow 10.2.1 to mean 10.5.1 if Apple decides to name the update that.

The only problem is that I can't edit the post because of some weird time limit. Ed or any other moderator, can you contact me about this? :D

Ooh, MUG is cool!

I'll say... October 3rd, 2002. I read the rules :D
BTW simX, don't you mean 10.1.6? for the one thats unlikely? I believe 10.1.4 was out when you first posted that :p

Oh good, im in SF BA

Back