When will MSN Messenger 4 come out?

I do not think there will be. Same applies to Internet Explorer. I think iChat and Chimera 'Camino' / Safari respectively killed MSN Messenger and MSIE.

Originally posted by toast
I do not think there will be. Same applies to Internet Explorer. I think iChat and Chimera 'Camino' / Safari respectively killed MSN Messenger and MSIE.

Then i hope that iChat soon will support MSN.

Honestly, iChat is worthless to me UNLESS it supports MSN eventually. Only one of my friends uses AIM exclusively and it's only because he's a fanatical Mac guy. Everybody else thinks AOL and AIM sucks, even my girlfriend removed it when I installed it on her computer. Everybody uses MSN because everybody uses Hotmail.

The worst part is, you can get an email account at yahoo.com that has more space, no spam and better services that'll actually work on MSN but nobody seems to care.

Anyways the point is, iChat needs MSN support. While I'm on the subject though, Mail.app needs optimized code and the ability to NOT use AppleDouble encoding. Until it has that, I'm using Entourage.

Many good points, cellfish, although I use iChat and Mail everyday without any problem.
I don't think iChat is getting MSN support ever.

I hope that apple will support MSN, because here in the netherlands ichat is worthless
because there is nobody that uses aol, aim or mac.com in the netherlands
I realy want to get rid of MSN messenger

But why is it inpossable, proteus and fire are supporting it!!
So why doesn't apple support it, they would make a lot of people verry happy.

proteus and fire doesn't support some features that MSN do have. Like filesharing and groupchat, and i think there will be more when MSN for Mac OS X comes out.

I'm sure Microsoft would ask for money against iChat MSN support. Maybe that's one more explanation.

Back