Where did Garage Band go ?

smithy

designer.
Hi, i just re-intalled osx and all the ilife 04 apps except for garage band is there. Ive run a quick search and its not on here - thats pretty dodgey if apple dont give it back to me. Is it on any of the software install cd's?? Man i love garage band i hope i can get it back any suggestions ?? :eek:

imovie, itunes and iphoto are all default osx apps but garage band is not. iphoto 4 only comes with ilfie 04. the iphoto that installs with panther is ver. 2.

You have to specifically install iLife '04 in order to get the iLife 04 applications (iPhoto 4 and GarageBand).

Those don't come on the software restore disks -- they come as a separate, iLife 04 disk.

Well i only got with my emac the 2 grey Software Install/Resotore Discs. Is it on any of them ? Also i have Iphoto 4.0.3 and all the others, its only Garage Band....

Also wheres the Developer software, because its not on here also, sorry for being really annoying about this its just im abit annoyed with computers right now lol, also i still cant find the ilife apps on the cd, im thinking about calling apple care and seeing what they can do for me ?? any other suggestions ? thanks again

smithy said:
Also wheres the Developer software, because its not on here also, sorry for being really annoying about this its just im abit annoyed with computers right now lol, also i still cant find the ilife apps on the cd, im thinking about calling apple care and seeing what they can do for me ?? any other suggestions ? thanks again

I also have just purchased an e-mac. Mine was off e-bay and it is only 4 months old. I have got the 2 grey restore and software discs, but i have the same challenge. No idvd etc. I have created my 1st movie and edited it etc, only to find i have no idvd to burn it? i thought ilife 04 came with all e-macs this year>? anyone know?

Also is idvd as good as toast or any other dvd burning/creating software? I have NO experience of any at hre present time. :confused:

Will_Richo said:
Also is idvd as good as toast or any other dvd burning/creating software? I have NO experience of any at hre present time. :confused:
This is a much a matter of personal opinion and taste as anything else. I have both iDVD and Toast, but when I am going to make a DVD I find that I launch iDVD 4.0.1 without even thinking about Toast. I have always been pleased with the results.

perfessor101 said:
This is a much a matter of personal opinion and taste as anything else. I have both iDVD and Toast, but when I am going to make a DVD I find that I launch iDVD 4.0.1 without even thinking about Toast. I have always been pleased with the results.

I Have just ordered toast 6. I will probably get ilife 04 later. Bit miffed that i did not get the idvd in the e-mac software bundle (mini protest ::ha::)

Thanks.

Will_Richo said:
I Have just ordered toast 6. I will probably get ilife 04 later. Bit miffed that i did not get the idvd in the e-mac software bundle (mini protest ::ha::)

Thanks.
You should find iDVD on the software install disk. This is the same disk that will let you re-load the Classic software. There will be other software there as well.

Back