Where do you Think Different

ulrik

Registered
Why not show us where you work on your Mac?

Since I'm a freelancer at the moment, my main workplace is at home. So here's my messy place while I am synching my iPaq under VirtualPC.
Normally, you'd have to add a cat on the top of the Quicksilver, but he wasn't here when I took the pic ;)

Attachments

• mymessyplace.jpg
    mymessyplace.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 150
I work on my ibook anywhere around my house... dont you love airport :). I'll post a picture of it up in my room when I get my camera back from my friend.

Originally posted by ulrik
Why not show us where you work on your Mac?

Since I'm a freelancer at the moment, my main workplace is at home. So here's my messy place while I am synching my iPaq under VirtualPC.
Normally, you'd have to add a cat on the top of the Quicksilver, but he wasn't here when I took the pic ;)

Wow, you have a really nice setup!;) Two screens, Cinema Display, Quicksilver w/cat and comfortable chair!(I don't even have armresters) I'll post my pic later...

Hello!

I have attached my pict below for your viewing pleasure. Now, to work on cleaning this desk...

Have a great day!

Albert

Attachments

• dcp_00592.jpg
    dcp_00592.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 113
Ok, here's the deal...someone send me a digital camera, and I'll post a pic. And I *promise* to send the camera back.

mwahahahahaha :D

Hey, looking at your signiture it looks like you can afford a mere $300 :D An 867 PowerMac with 1.5Gb of RAM?! Looks like your keeping up with technology but hey, if you need more money just PM me. I'm serious :)

Have a great day!

Albert

I'll post pics of my Powermac and iMac tomorrow...
hoping for a new iMac soon ;)

heh...actually it was a joke only. I'm looking at the Kodak DX3900, but I have a few purchases ahead of it, namely another 60 gig drive, a Hollywood DV Bridge, a 15" kicker monitor, and another drive and more ram for my pb. It's a never ending buying cycle. :D

Originally posted by level9
It's a never ending buying cycle. :D

Boy is that ever true! Buy the latest version of something the second before they release a new one and somehow they get you to think that you NEED that new update so the cycle starts over.

For hardware, you know that your big-bad-top-of-the-line-system will be outdated in less than a year anyway but you just have to have the biggest and best HD and fastest computer and biggest monitor. I think Apple likes this, more $$$ for them :D

Have a great day!

Albert

Very true.

I have to admit, I am one of these "powerusers" who always has to have the best computer. Back when I used PCs, there was no month without buying a new CPU or more RAM or a new Graphics board or a new motherboard or a new soundcard or new mouse or a new app or a new bla bla bla

now I just save all that money for the next keynote ;)

Here is part of what I have (it circles the room). In all I have 8 Macs (running A/UX 3.0 up to Mac OS X 10.1), 3 Silicon Graphics workstations, 2 Sun workstations, and 3 PCs (2 running Rhapsody DR2 for Intel, the other has both OPENSTEP 4.2 and Red Hat Linux 6.1). The operating systems up on my network right now are Mac OS X 10.1, Rhapsody DR 2, Mac OS 8.1, Mac OS 8.6, A/UX 3.0, Solaris 7 and Irix 6.2. I only turn the monitors of the system that I am actually working with on at any point in time because they generate so much heat. The one that I use almost as much as my Mac OS X system at home is my ThinkPad running Rhapsody when I'm out and about.

Attachments

• pieces.jpg
    pieces.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 101
I love the background pic you have spanned over the three displays! That's really cool.

I have some problems with my third display at the moment. It is on the floor to the right of the desk, a 14'' portrait monitor displaying the status of my system (top, CPU monitor, Net Monitor, Firewall log of my router) and it never wakes up after my system went to sleep...guess it's a problem with the graphics card under OS X...

But anyway, post your workplaces ;)

I think different in my room (and at work -- being probably the only open pro mac person in the department lol)

I will post pics tomorrow when I get to work lol

Admiral
PS; ulrik I like your fuel :p

Mostly at home in my room. My TiBook 667 and Wallstreet 292, which somehow got upgraded to a 350 by Apple :)
My TiBook seems to get a lot of attention at school, and I've managed to convince a few people to buy a Mac also :D

And the boss wonders why there's so many of us around the watercooler. :D

heineken.jpg

Back