Where to find Leopard's Python for reinstall?

Hippo Man

Hippo Man
I get the following error when running the xattr command under Leopard (10.5.5):
Code:
% xattr test.doc 
zsh: /usr/bin/xattr: bad interpreter: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resou: no such file or directory
I presume that this is occurring because of an error in the installed version of python on my system, and I'm looking to reinstall it.

Does anyone know where I can go to find the official, Apple-supported package for Python under 10.5.5, so I can download and reinstall it? I've searched and I can't seem to find this.

Thanks in advance.
.​

Your interpreter does not find something in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resou.
This probably should be /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/ .. something else. The path to your command is not full, as there is no folder/file called Resou at that location.
You can find python in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/.

Yes, I understand that the pathname is incomplete. I'm assuming that this is because my Python installation got trashed, and that's why I'm asking where to find the official Leopard Python installation bundle so I can reinstall it.

Or am I making a faulty assumption?

Thanks.
.​

PS: The Python interpreter doesn't exist on my system under /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python, which is where it is being looked for. The error message truncates the missing pathname at 63 characters, even though the correct, full path of the Python interpreter is indeed being specified in the xattr script. This demonstrates that Python 2.5 not properly installed on my system, and underscores my request to find where I can download and reinstall it.
.​

Back