Who kicked Classic to the curb with Jaguar?

Did Jaguar help you get rid of Classic?

• Classic is GONE!

• It had to stay...

• I'll NEVER get rid of Classic!

Results are only viewable after voting.
You should have the option in your poll for people that have NEVER used classic.... I can't vote because my first Mac came with OS 10.1 so I have never used classic. (Wouldn't even know how!)

It is on my computer I guess though. When I get jag this week, I might take it off! Not sure yet. I get nervous and don't want my mac to end up running like my old PC's!!

Matthew

I assume by Classic, you mean OS 9 in that during your Jag install you didn't bother installing 9.2.2?

I considered not installing it (OS 9.2.2) very carefully and in the end had to keep it (Quickbooks, Distiller, Commotion to name a few). I as thinking of running QB on a separate box with Classic, same for Distillar, but I just use them too often so it would get old scooting back and forth.

Classic on my box launches very fast, runs those apps very well (not Commotion, which requires 9 native, not Classic or I could get X upgrade, which I don't have yet), so it's not a big deal to leave around for another six months or so.

Believe me, I want it gone, but I just can't quite get there.

I never deleted it... now that I think about it, though, I don't think I need it. Good bye, Classic. :)

When Outlook (the only mail client used at work) gets ported over to X, Classic is gone daddy gone! :D

Back