windows make me love macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfleck

tired
i'm a sys admin by day and my systems include a mix of windows pcs and macs, although its very heavy on the windows side.

anyway, i use a mac for my work and wouldn't trade it for anything, but sometimes i must touch the windows machines and it hurts me. this is because it is always to fix something. hardly ever for upgrades or new software or something useful, but instead i have to update the system that microsoft released as finished product.

this all comes to a head with that whole virus issue a few weeks back. that sucked big time. windows update did NOT pick up that fix in the 2 months it was supposedly out. explain that. i've read a couple of articles that claimed we all had it because we didn't use windows update enough. to hell with that! it runs automagically at the start of the week every week here, plus we have our users run it manually on fridays. regardless, not one of our machines picked it up.

now there is another security flaw (go figure) announced that you can read about here...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/ms03-026.asp

another rpc problem? you've got to be kidding me. what was the blast patch for a couple of weeks ago? this is what pisses me off about ms. they never do it right the first time.

if there is one thing my father taught me well, its that if you are going to do it half-assed you may as well not do it at all. apparently billy g's father wasn't that good to him.

The interesting thing is also that M$ didn't discover these flaws themselves:
The actual flaw was first discovered by eEye security, NSFocus and Tenable Network Security.
Not only they make rubbish, they actually wait until somebody else points it out to them!

It's funny how they take credit for finding those flaws, even if they don't necessarily fix it.

YES! We found *another* security flaw in our own code. See our excellence with finding errors, buy this product!

My dad has an old windows 500mhz p3 with XP, and always gets mad at me because I don't want to help him keep the pos running. The only thing I ever really did for him was set up his windows on the wireless LAN, and that took like two hours because there were two or three different places that I had to enter the same stuff about the wireless network for the thing to find it.
I keep telling him to get a mac if he wants my help with his computer, but he just get's really mad. It's too bad really.

"M$"

What's this? Somekind of new way of saying MS is an evil successful capitalist fatcat?

Therefore Apple is a benevolant, charity company, with sweet loving christian values, and blue birds singing in the morning?

Any mature people in these boards? Apple and MS are really cousins, each went into a different path. Stop demonizing one side, and preaching on the other.

Originally posted by Devlinite

Any mature people in these boards?

Apple and MS are really cousins,

is that 1st cousins or 2nd or 3rd cousins ?

anyways, i think our cousins at MS are doin a great job at discoverin their OS flaws :) lets hope one day they can fix them!
hahahahha

so if apple and ms are cousins, does that mean that Steve Jobs & Bill Gates are brothers? (did they mention that in Pirates of the Silicon Valley?)

PS: as u can see, no mature ppl in this forum :)

.... and once again... please guys, less insults, more intelligent discussion.. please

I call them M$ because i think that the attitude with which M$ moves around in corporation land and juridical space is very arrogant, and they do this because they have got a lot of money, not because they have a qualitatively superior product. Those who base their power and worth on money, I consider inferior and accuse them of being such by naming them in an appropriate way. Hence, M$.

I find it very childish of you, Devlinite, that you seem to brag about how you obtain programs an music illegally. If you do so, I deem it quite stupid to brag about it in public.

Dear Devlinite,

These forums actually called www.macosx.com and if you cannot understand what their audience is by it's name let me tell you:

Apple and their products

For any reasons, logical, ethical, scientific, etc. or NOT you seem to like and actually enjoy your Wintel/Amd world and that's GOOD for you...

If you like to share YOUR fun with us, by now, you already did that in abundant ways! I would like to inform you that with the things you post here you remind the majority of people here what life forms they should avoid in any way possible! The life forms you seem to come from are the following...

Devlinite Evolution
------------------------
Stage 1:
http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/peon.shtml

Stage 2:
http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/trollheadhunter.shtml

Stage 3:
http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/trollberserker.shtml

The worst part is that you actually seem to enjoy your Evolution and you are going all the way in order to become this:
http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/shadowhunter.shtml

You! You! You are one a heck of a TROLL!!!

Enjoy, your logical, mature, scientific, democratic, etc. visit here!

After all, TROLLS too, deserve a fair treatment in www.macosx.com and not only Apple customers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back