Windows Run to MAC Terminal

Perishingflames

Registered
Hello all,

I was wondering how I would get the same result as typing this into the Run program on a windows:
"Marbleblast\marbleblastgold.exe" -test (interiorName).dif

Obviously, I do know that macs do not support exe's so the application obviously did not have an exe, only package contents....

Any ideas? Basically I found the executable in Contents-MacOS but whenever I experiment it loads the application and doesnt even really respond to what I type.

In Tiger click on the SpotLight Icon (The blue icon in the top left corner) and enter the name of the program you want.

Another way is to download the shareware Launchbar or the freewares Butler or QuickSilver. Any of these should fit your need.

For a Terminal script to launch programs fast read this hint. For a quick HowTo read this.

Here is how to launch Terminal from Terminal...
/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app/Contents/MacOS/Terminal &

Launch Chess:
/Applications/Chess.app/Contents/MacOS/Chess &

Yes, I figured that part out quite easily, but I wanted it to have the same effect as typing that stuff into windows run application. Basically what it does for windows is also loads the program (application) and then it executes the "-test interiorname.dif. So obviously macs do not have an exe, so it has to have a file somewhere where I can direct it to to get that result..

If you know Unix syntax, you can use it freely (and it is very complete). But most Mac applications are not built to exploit that easily. So the system is compatible, the applications not.

For automatization, you should try to exploit Automator. Did you check its documentation ?

I just thought that if I typed:
"MBA\Contents\MacOS\MarbleBlast Gold" -test (interiorName).dif

then it would work because I am directing it to the unix executable it would be like an exe for windows, but it doesn't seem to. Am I using my backward/forward slashes right? BTW it gives me: "-bash: MBA\Contents\MacOS\MarbleBlast Gold: command not found" when I type that into the terminal.

Interestingly enough, when I type it with "/" slashes it gives me an arrow on the new line it makes.

So, any ideas how to do this?

Back