Wireless signal boost in Tiger?

solrac

Mac Ninja
Ever since installing Tiger, my wireless boost signal went up to full strength. It used to always be 2 bars (3 max) on the airport icon in the menu bar. Now it's always full. Is this just random or what? Or does Tiger actually improve the antenna???

For me, both the "airport status" icon on the menubar and the "signal level" in Internet Connect show an improvement. I wonder... is Apple playing tricks on us, or has airport reception actually been improved in Tiger? Another possibility is that airport reception has remained the same, but the measurement of said reception has been refined.

Mine has not went to full strength, but I have defintely gotten a better "signal reading" since installing Tiger and it "seems" more forgiving with a weak signal. Better OS ... Better Drivers .... Better hardware management ... !! :-> Go Tiger!

I get more bars, but can't discern better performance. I have not yet seen an explanation for the phenomenon. Maybe the signal-strength indicator now is more or less accurate.

ah, makes sense :rolleyes:
i noticed the change in the icon too (thinking Tiger improved the signal strength), but the performance was just the same. I mistakened a performace increase early on, only to find out that Tiger improved the overall performance of ALL operations, not just page download and rendering. :p

Back