wma to itunes-friendly format?

neko

Registered
i've got a few .wma files that i'd like to convert to a more itunes-friendly format, which i figure would be mp3 format. so i downloaded a converter but when i tried converting the songs to mp3 i got a 14 second garbled mess. does anyone know of a good program that will work?

iTunes will convert WMA files to whatever you have your import settings set to, as long as the WMA files are not DRM-protected files.

You could also convert the wma's to aiff's and then rip mp3's from that, though ElDiablo is probably on the right track here… :)

yes, just click on 'add to library' in the File menu, and select the .wma you need to import... if this doesn't work, get EasyWMA...

yes, itunes will convert unprotected wma's, which is the best option. another would be to have wmp burn an audio cd, then rip it in itunes, which may be the only way if the wmas are protected.

thanks for your help! itunes wouldn't add the .wma files by itself so i got easywma and all is well now. 'preciate it.

how odd. although all apple mac people have been solely using itunes sence it came out, and no other apps so all their files are itunes friendly to begin with (right;)~

So..... basically a mac is useless for a DRM protected .wma? All those terrific downloads you can purchase require that we own a "Windows" computer????

Is there no other hope?

I might actually have to do this, alas.....

BigDell

Pretty much. I had this problem after buying some tracks from Woolworths which ended up being useless they eventually gave us our money back though. A lot of places don't specify you need a windows pc.

Back