woman gets riaa suit dropped because she uses a mac

I am the same way: I think CD's should be no more than $8 each; I prefer the original, not a copy; and I would keep copies in my car, but it doesn't have a CD player.

Oh, and I usually like most if not all of an album when I buy a CD. Especially Pink Floyd. :)

well i can sure tell you that one of the apps isn't named !XXXXXXX! ;-)

[can you guess why giaguara did NOT hint to the name of the software?! edited by fryke]

Heh... I've always said there should be a utility for Windows called Windex... :)

Giag, I just struck by the idea myself. There are Mac programs for connecting to KaZaa, and she COULD be running VPC...not likely, but possible.

At least I know what I'll do should I be sued. I'll hide my PC and show them my Macs...

But what if they subpoena you, Voice?

Anyway, does the RIAA have any jurisdiction outside the USA?

Through international trading rights, I'd believe so...Norway is safe for the duration of this year, EU is already RIAA territory...

Just a note to everyone: As Giaguara pointed out, there IS software, and we're not going to name it in here. We're also not going to hint at the name of such software. ;-)

Originally posted by arden
Yes, it's the Macintosh Operating System 10.3 you're running there, Ricky.

The RIAA has gotten nothing but bad PR from these suits. First they sue a 12-year-old girl living in public housing and manage to finagle $2000 from her mother, now they sue an sextagenarion sculptor who doesn't even share files—and they're confident in their methods! I think the copywright laws need tweaking.

Sounds like attacking a country to get rid of WMD that did not exist there. Just bad PR.

Originally posted by stelllaras
U don't have to Use kazaa to use the Kazaa network(which is FastTrack)
yes we know...
...theyre called P2P trackers... but ur not allowed to discuss them in here:p

Back