xbox to lose M$ 1.1 billion

show me the data on losses... until there are some cold hard numbers.... the loss on consoles is a myth.

Microsoft WILL be a hardware player. No doubt of that. And when they realize they can control the whole picture (much like Apple does)...they will. The process may be slow...but it will happen.
I see it already happening with this DRM "Secure OS" which is coming out after longhorn. The palladium chip makes the machine Microsoft without them having to manufacture any of it.

Take a look at this (perhaps a little too speculative) article:
http://theregus.com/content/4/25378.html
It's about how with the Palladium chip requiring that a program be certified in order to run, nobody will be able to compile their own software so opensource and Linux will die.

Microsoft's biggest enemy, Open source will vanish if this catches on (assuming it does catch on which in all likelyhood it wont). Then for 30 cents a pop to manufacture the palladium chip every Dell, Gateway, Sony motherbord will belong to Microsoft and only the software they want you to run will. They can sell the licence to place this chip on the board for the profit they hope to recieve in creating their own box but they won't have to worry about people not trusting microsoft hardware (like they did for XBOX, told you I could tie it in ;))

$1 billion?

Gates will pay for that out of his pocket.
His front pocket.

I know, I know. I'm kidding.

-the valrus

Back