Yet another company is gobbled up by......... Apple?

Originally posted by sheepguy42

They did, at least according to Macminute.
Appleturns.com is a wonderful and hilarious site, but you have to kinda take their disclaimer seriously: they are NOT a news site. There is a reason they make every source mentioned a link to the source itself: so you can read what was actually said if you want. Personally, if something sounds odd to me (like flat-out saying Apple bought a company for the source code to software not available for Mac) I will read the original source statement, and i suggest anyone else do the same. Keep in mind that i am not attacking simX; on the contrary, I generally find his posts to be helpful and/or insightful, and I have the greatest respect for the guy. I am just saying that Appleturns.com is a relaxing starting point, and don't take their word on anything serious (they would tell you the same, I'm sure). I love that site, i read it every morning at work, and vote in the VEVO poll almost religiously, I just wish i could get a T-shirt of theirs for free.....;) :p

I usually read like all of the Mac rumor/news sites, and I have found that appleturns.com is quite accurate in almost of all its points. I haven't seen many erroneous errors in their facts... in fact, I can't recall any errors except maybe this one, if what you say is true.

On a tangent: Wow, someone has respect for me on these forums! ;)

Originally posted by simX

I usually read like all of the Mac rumor/news sites, and I have found that appleturns.com is quite accurate in almost of all its points. I haven't seen many erroneous errors in their facts... in fact, I can't recall any errors except maybe this one, if what you say is true.

On a tangent: Wow, someone has respect for me on these forums! ;)
You deserve it for all the undeserved attacks you seem to fend off so well....
anyways, I agree with you on the accuracy issue, it's just that they are always mentioning whenever they make a mistake about how much mail the get about it, despite the disclaimer. I use them as a starting point, and I do take most of what they say at face value, but since they update their page so late in the evening I end up going to Macminute during the day and reading about stuff before they mention it. And even if I had not already read about that, I would have checked up on it, because it made no sense to me: iTunes came from SoundJam, which not only was (IMHO) the best MP3 program before iTunes on the Mac, it also had begun the transition to X. Now I don't know about the history of Apple's other iWare, but I would suspect it is similar in some cases (esp. iDVD). This as my base for reasoning, it makes sense that Apple would gobble up software that's already on its way to X and just make it get there in a better, Apple-branded way.

Not that I am pro-M$, because im NOT! Apple doesnt have a chance to buy M$. Sadly they are too big and evil for Apple to obtain. I do agree that they should buy Adobe, but there is no reason to take it away from the PC users. Maybe if we let them keep some reasonable programs they will eventually produce something worth while. :D

Originally posted by ThE OutsiDer
Sim X don't you think apple should buy out Adobe and take photoshop away from pcer's...

Mooaaa!!!! :p

NO!!!!! I NEED MY PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!

(At least until I'm sure I can have my mac)

Originally posted by sheepguy42

You deserve it for all the undeserved attacks you seem to fend off so well....

I do seem to get a little more aggressive online than in real life (actually probably a LOT more so), so I guess I kind of bring it onto myself, if you know what I mean. But I really in no way am trying to insult anyone on here if I portray myself that way. Still, thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

As a side note, one of the things that kind of makes me respect people online is how they write (as in grammar, spelling, etc.). It's really weird, but I find myself holding people who use correct English in higher esteem (no offense to anyone else, it's just an observation on how I think about people online).

anyways, I agree with you on the accuracy issue, it's just that they are always mentioning whenever they make a mistake about how much mail the get about it, despite the disclaimer. I use them as a starting point, and I do take most of what they say at face value, but since they update their page so late in the evening I end up going to Macminute during the day and reading about stuff before they mention it. And even if I had not already read about that, I would have checked up on it, because it made no sense to me: iTunes came from SoundJam, which not only was (IMHO) the best MP3 program before iTunes on the Mac, it also had begun the transition to X. Now I don't know about the history of Apple's other iWare, but I would suspect it is similar in some cases (esp. iDVD). This as my base for reasoning, it makes sense that Apple would gobble up software that's already on its way to X and just make it get there in a better, Apple-branded way.

Very true, but as I hadn't seen anything on MacCentral or MacMinute saying that they did release an OS X version at MWSF, I just assumed that what I read on AtAT was true since they are usually accurate. Plus, Nothing Real's on site was down so I couldn't check directly there.

About your comment on Apple's programs -- I guess it kind of makes sense now that I think about it, but I don't recall any DVD burning program remotely like iDVD, or any movie editing program remotely like iMovie, any music program remotely like iTunes (I don't think any other program has built-in burning capabilities...), or any other photo management program remotely like iPhoto (CERTAINLY not on any platform). So I'd think it's quite possible that Apple could just be using other technologies that are cross-platform and implementing them in a really ingenious way only for the Mac platform... see what I'm getting at?

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
considering the fact that SJ owns pixar, and that macs are used for graphics and video this comes as no suprise :)
So why did Apple buy then instead of Pixar?

Do you think there is a Pixar/Apple merger in the future?

Do you think Pixar will start using OS X boxes to render their digital films?

Back