Anyone Manchester, Uk tomorrow (Feb 17)?

It's very rare that a good reason comes up for me to cross the Pennines into enemy territory ;) (although I will be at Old Trafford this w/end as the Mighty Whites are there). Wish I had a few quid to spare to pick up a few bargains.

After these types of auctions do they re-publish the lots with the price each went for?? That would be interesting to see... on second thoughts it would be more of a sickener to see what I missed out on.

Yeh, I'd love to know hoe much those machines went for... I reckon since it's liquidators, they'll have a very stable start-bid price... they'd try and get close to the full asking price (look on eBay... you can regularly see people put bids in for 3-month old machines, in order to save themselves £100.)

Anyway, Malta... much further south than Jersey! (I did live in London for 7 years... I got southernised and can't stand the cold now!) ;)

uoba said:
Anyway, Malta... much further south than Jersey! (I did live in London for 7 years... I got southernised and can't stand the cold now!) ;)

You're having a giraffe aren't you? Coming from Liverpool, you're practically a southerner anyway! ;)

I tell, ye .. anything lower than Junction 32 on the M1 and you're in the south, mate!

And as for you, steven_lufc. Like I said to my nephew [big Leeds United fan]: if I was the consortium putting the money together for a buy-out, I'd hang onto the that receipt, they might want a refund.

Damaged goods, mate! :D

I can't talk, though. Old Peter Ridsdale has landed himself at the helm of my home town club .. heaven help us all! :confused:

Octane...

how that man can be allowed to carry on as if nothing ever happened is beyond me. He should be made accountable and accept responsibility and never be allowed to work in business again - God help Barnsley.
It's been confirmed today that someone has bought Leeds for £30m - Marching on back into Europe next season!!

steven_lufc said:
Octane...

how that man can be allowed to carry on as if nothing ever happened is beyond me. He should be made accountable and accept responsibility and never be allowed to work in business again - God help Barnsley.
It's been confirmed today that someone has bought Leeds for £30m - Marching on back into Europe next season!!

Oops! Hit a raw nerve, there I think :rolleyes:

Agreed. He shouldn't be allowed a directorship for what he did to Leeds.

But you have to accept that one man can't be responsible for all of the trouble Leeds are now in.

Either he had help from others or the rest of board didn't care less.

Anyway, the new stadium is off the table for now. Stupid idea anyway .. 'tother side of Leeds on the A58! Madness.

Get back on topic or we'll end up in the Café!..

As for football... I've written this season off (LFC for me). Love watching the financial battling at MUFC though... and the fans say: "MU is not for sale!"... hehe... sorry, it's a PLC, it's very much for sale ;)

Oh, er... auctioned G5s, iMacs etc. Great.

One last comment off topic before we go back to Macs! The whole trouble LUFC are in now can be traced back to THAT incident with Bowyer & Woodgate... I blame them, and they've both bailed!! The club has never been right since then.

On topic - where do the guys in the UK buy their Apple stuff from, as we don't have any official Apple Stores over here (yet!). I bought my iMac from PC World (shock horror!) but can't really complain. I will be buying a 40gb iPod in the next couple of weeks and wonder where the best/cheapest place to buy from is. Is there anywhere that does student discount (I'm not a student but my sister is and I could use her NUS card!)

steven_lufc said:
... On topic - where do the guys in the UK buy their Apple stuff from, as we don't have any official Apple Stores over here (yet!).

I buy nearly all of my stuff from MacWarehouse UK or some other mail order outfit...

steven_lufc said:
... I bought my iMac from PC World (shock horror!)...

You're not bloody kidding; 'shock horror!'

I used to work for those guys during my summer holidays when I was at college. I've yet to talk to a single sales guy who knows anything about pc's let alone macs.

That said, I bought my D-Link ADSL modem / router from them. They were cheaper than mail order...

MicroAnvika always seem too expensive.

I've bought (all) our macs from Computer Warehouse in Brentford (used to live 5 mins from them so could pop-in to check for dead-pixels :) )

There's an Apple Reseller near Ikea in Warrington, and one in Southport. John Lewis are okay as well. As for PC World... you maybe able to help me out Octane... I bought a PC laptop with extended warranty from them, but want an iBook now... any suggestions? ;)

uoba said:
MicroAnvika always seem too expensive.

I've bought (all) our macs from Computer Warehouse in Brentford (used to live 5 mins from them so could pop-in to check for dead-pixels :) )

There's an Apple Reseller near Ikea in Warrington, and one in Southport. John Lewis are okay as well. As for PC World... you maybe able to help me out Octane... I bought a PC laptop with extended warranty from them, but want an iBook now... any suggestions? ;)

Ask them for a trade-in?

Make out the thing doesn't work right or something, they might let you upgrade...

Back