Apple News: MacOS 10.3.3 Update Released

Well, so far one of my little problems has been fixed, and the two things that I was most interested in don't appear to be included/fixed

The bug where keychain info isn't used when connecting to SMB servers is still there (I'm prompted for a username/password when connecting to a server regardless of how many times I've checked the "add to keychain" box, and what permissions I've allowed in the Keychain Manager)

I don't see any OpenGL performance improvements, though my driver date is now 3/7/04. What was the version of the ATI drivers in 10.3.2? I didn't think to look before I updated. Currently mine's the same as Fryke's, 1.3.8.

The problem where if more than a hundred or so servers showed up in the "Add printers" server list (connecting to Windows print server), it would truncate (not show all the entries). It's showing them all for me now.

No, I take it back. The printer choosing bug I described is still there.

In fact, it's not printer dialog at all. It's in the network browser, period, I guess I just never noticed before (I never use the Browse feature)

God knows what they've been doing for the last 4 months...

Satcomer said:
Well, I'm glad I repaired permissions. That were a lot of corrections (and I repaired just before the update too).
Mac OS X updates seem to screw with permissions, because I always have to repair them after an update.

I repaired permissions after downloading out of habit but only had one thing that needed repairing. I don't see any difference with mail... yet.

I am wondering why they dropped the new graphic drivers from the package. :confused: If I got Fryke right (btw, you were not right, Fryke. It was on sunday night! :D), there was no bug. So, what is it? They want to keep those updates for 10.4?

Depending on time zone and sleep rhythm. ;-) ... Build number was right and I actually said 'early next week'. Sunday night is certainly VERY early this week. ;-)

They fixed the function keys problem on Powerbooks :) Now there's the option of getting the function keys (F1 - F12) to behave like function keys without holding down the fn key. You only need to hold down the fn key to access special functionality, like controlling brightness and volume.

That's so cool. Now I can get back to coding....

Viro said:
They fixed the function keys problem on Powerbooks :) Now there's the option of getting the function keys (F1 - F12) to behave like function keys without holding down the fn key. You only need to hold down the fn key to access special functionality, like controlling brightness and volume.

That's so cool. Now I can get back to coding....
Really?? Not here. Still need to hold down the fn key to access the function keys. Default F keys are brightness and sound...
I am actually perfectly ok with this, just wondering how this happened to you

Its under System Preferences->Keyboard mouse. My mistake for not mentioning you need to toggle this :)

Now, I can easily click ALT+F1 in Netbeans to bring up the Javadoc. Woohoo!!

Viro said:
Its under System Preferences->Keyboard mouse. My mistake for not mentioning you need to toggle this :)

Now, I can easily click ALT+F1 in Netbeans to bring up the Javadoc. Woohoo!!
Oops, actually my mistake. I kinda didn't read your "option of getting.." ;) Sowwy

However, showing lan members in the finder works much faster now.

Mail is loads more stable. It used to crash lots when moving lots of messages or updating junk status on some messages.

how about address book? when am using it for sms with a bt phone, the address book crash intermittenly, without any reason, haven't been able to verify this yet.

can anyone tell me if IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext and/or IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext was updated with 10.3.3?

Zammy-Sam said:
Oops, actually my mistake. I kinda didn't read your "option of getting.." ;) Sowwy

However, showing lan members in the finder works much faster now.

How do you show lan members thru the Finder?

Back