Apple News: MacOS 10.3.3 Update Released

No go even after the permissions repair. Hmm...and of course it happens right before i'm planning to fly on a trip....joyous rapture

Well, the "Combo" update from Apple's download page is 77MB and mentions the graphics card drivers. Doesn't say anything about versions.

Hmm... after only a few minutes with 10.3.3 I like the option to switch my function keys on my PowerBook (this should've been the default from day one). However, as far as "improved networking"... yeah right. Now I can't even browse to my shared folders, the computers never show up in the Network folder. At least before my biggest problem was that some of my shares showed up as empty Mac folders rather than network folders. Now they don't exist at all. :) Figures. And I was hoping that "more USB devices" may have fixed the problem with the 15" PowerBook not supplying enough power through it's USB ports (assuming it was a firmware issue)... oh well. Safari update is a whopping 0.0.1 update. I was also hoping that Column view may have been improved, but I guess not. And I have no idea what they mean by "network volumes available on desktop and sidebar" either. :)

btoth said:
…And I have no idea what they mean by "network volumes available on desktop and sidebar" either. :)

They mean that when you connect by browsing the network the shares are mounted on the Desktop/Sidebar

cybergoober said:
They mean that when you connect by browsing the network the shares are mounted on the Desktop/Sidebar

Ah... I might have noticed if it would let me connect to my shares. Maybe something got screwed up somewhere.

Can someone please check the calculator?
When updating the currency exchange rate under the convert menu the app quits on me every time. Bug?

Um... looking to the future, I read somewhere that the PMac updates were held up on something relating to optimized coding in 10.3.3. Any word on this?

Meltdown said:
When updating the currency exchange rate under the convert menu the app quits on me every time. Bug?

Checked mine, works fine. "Last Updated: 3/16/04 8:56 PM"

btoth said:
Well, the "Combo" update from Apple's download page is 77MB and mentions the graphics card drivers. Doesn't say anything about versions.

Hmm, is it possible that it could have been left out from the "Software Update"? Everyone was talking about how 10.3.3 was suppose to improve graphics! Well mine did not! :mad: Is there a way to see if my drivers were updated?

Meltdown said:
works fine here as well. :confused:

Thanks for testing the calculator guys.
I wonder what is wrong with mine.
Did a permissions check and deleted the preference file for it.
It works fine until updating the exchange rates. Bang quit. :(

Well, what exactly _do_ you change in the exchange rates? Maybe you're entering a comma instead of a point or something? (Although that shouldn't lead to a crash either...)

Racer D said:
btoth: use the connect to server (command + k) option in finder...

That's what I have had to do. Today the network browsing is working again and I noticed that when clicking on a networked computer it no longer lets you browse through the folders like it used to, now it just brings up the Connect To Server window that lets you choose what share to mount. So, instead of improving network browsing, they just removed it all together? Hmm.

I installed first the stand alone update of 10.3.3... No new graphic drivers... I installed the Combo Update of 10.3.3 and new graphics drivers:

Voila! :D

Attachments

• newdrivers.jpg
    newdrivers.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 39
Huh? Combo Update? You mean the version that is available on the web (versiontracker.com)?
Do you see any improvement in graphics?

Back