Chimera's new name

:rolleyes:

OMG OMG OMG! I know something about OmniWeb and I can't tell you anything about what I know!

Oh, wait, it's probably pretty obvious. OmniWeb is better.

SimX, I wanna agree, i really do...but there are 2 things I miss with OmniWeb, that Mozilla gives me.
1. I want it to remember the size of my window when I quit and relaunch.
2. I want tabs...tabs is the only reason I have to use Mozilla/Chimera...

voice-: You CAN save the size of the window. When you get your window to the size you want, go to the "Browser" menu, and select "Save Window Size" at the bottom. The tabs I can't help you with.

However, can you tell me if Chimera has all of these features?

Does it have banner blocking (not just the wide and thin ones... there's other ones that are more square that OmniWeb blocks). Can it emulate other browsers so that it can get around stupid browser blocking? Can it automatically check for updates and download new ones (INCLUDING latest beta builds -- or in OmniGroup's case, sneaky peek builds)? Does it have a built in source editor/links viewer? Can it keep JavaScript and applets disabled until you specifically click to invoke them? Does it antialias the text on the website? Can it block ads that have a certain string in the URL to them, or better yet, can it block ads that are not from the site that loads them?

If Chimera can do all of this, then sure, I'll switch. But not before. All of these things are necessary to stop all of the advertising and all of the annoying applet stuff.

voice, are you talking about the 'sidebar search tabs'? What do you need those for? Just how long ago did you switch from windows?;)

please tell me that is not the feature that keeps you from switching.

i must say, i have been playing with the lastest OW and it is getting pretty decent on speed and rendering is far more consistent. I'm still using icab most of the time, but OW has caught my attention again.:)

Here's tabs. Sidebar tabs(the ones you can't turn off) is the first reason I hed for ditching Netscape, but I haven't had any trouble with it in Mozilla.

This is from OS 9, simply cause I'm at school now, and we don't have X here.

Once OmniWeb can do these tabs, I'm there.

Attachments

• pic1.gif
    pic1.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 125
alright alright alright, can we all just be happy that none of us use IE! :) Omniweb is good chimera will be good!

kilowatt led me in the right direction :)
Poke around the web cvs directory, and look for a file that isn't a .h or .m file, and it'll be there :p

The best thing about Omni web in my opinion is that the page goes from corner to corner. Maybe I'm just obsessive compulsive but the way IE or Moz keeps the bottom cm for their own greedy self just ticks me off. Oh yeah and spell checker is a must for me whenever I'm in these forums :p don't want you guys to think I'm uncultured.

i found out that Chimera's new name is -censored-. I don't know if I am right, but if you download Credits.rtf from the cvs, it clearly says Chimera's new name :).

gee why didn't you just give them the exact url ksuther! Now everyone will know! Maybe they wont put stuff thats suppose to be a 'secret' open to the public anymore....

Does it really matter? Maybe it'll convince them to change the title to something cool, like Chimera :(

Back