Congrats to Ulrik!

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
Congrats to Ulrik

ik ik ik ik ik ik ik ik ik ik ik ik ik ik:D

you sure snuck up on us. you must have been doing some massive posting helping folks somewhere at sometime. Do you you think there is something about our birthday that makes us a but more blabbermouthed than others? (Deion Sanders was also born on aug 9:p )

so how has life been? You seem to come and go in spurts. Glad your having another posting spurt:)

Well, yeah. I have weeks where nearly every evening, I have time to lay into bed with my TiBook and go on a posting spree (before reading Lord of the Rings for the 9th time), and then I have weeks where I work till 3 o'clock in the night to get the job done in time.

But at the weekends, I have time to help my father in his garden (if I am not one some short holiday trip with my girlfriend), at least there I can enjoy a nice garden (and getting drunk at the gardenparty afterwards.

I definitely think that August, 9th is a special day for us all. For the world. For the universe. :D

Congrats ulrik!

Oh and btw do you get another congrats thread at 2000 posts then at 3000?

Bets on when ed or admiral will reach 10,000 :D

good God googol:eek:

(i always wanted to say that:D )

if you keep your congrats thread alive as your own personal social forum like some of us, then you have no need for another one. and you will make friends in the process.

I am waiting for somebody to make their 1000th post by creating a congrats thread for themself:p

Originally posted by googolplex
Congrats ulrik!

Oh and btw do you get another congrats thread at 2000 posts then at 3000?

Bets on when ed or admiral will reach 10,000 :D

If anyone of them reaches the 10,000 post limit, he won't get a new congrats thread but a new keyboard...

good God googol

(i always wanted to say that )

I like it :).

If someone reaches 10,000 posts I think we should give them a new hobby :)

Would I be considered an ego-manic if I made my own congrats thread? ;). I've only got 200 and something more posts to go :D

Originally posted by googolplex

Would I be considered an ego-manic if I made my own congrats thread? ;). I've only got 200 and something more posts to go :D

Definitely :D :p :D

Ok could someone get it ready for me. I'd like live music, lots of people oh yeah and a big cake. All that good stuff.

:D

Kidding of course ;)

now you are starting to sound like Deion:rolleyes:

so you also enjoy gardening huh? all this big project in the backyard and the reconnections i have made with working in the garden have been really good for my mental health. we are planning a walk in the forest next week to see if we can't find a few native woodland plants like ferns to put in my shade garden. i bought an asparagus fern and a hosta today just to make sure there is somethings that will survive their. :p

now you are starting to sound like Deion:rolleyes:

so you also enjoy gardening huh? all this big project in the backyard and the reconnections i have made with working in the garden have been really good for my mental health. we are planning a walk in the forest next week to see if we can't find a few native woodland plants like ferns to put in my shade garden. i bought an asparagus fern and a hosta today just to make sure there is somethings that will survive their. :p

Who's Deion? Is he smarter than me? :D

I enjoy garden work as long as the weather is nice. But I even more enjoy garden parties, but also only if the weather is good.
I have to say I prefer "wild" gardens which look more like nature than like beeing constructed on the drawing board.

Deion Sanders was a great american football player who liked to talk the talk. He was one of the few who walked the walk to go with it. still, he was pretty obnoxious. He just retired last year.

actually he got a little better after he 'found God' but then he was almost as obnoxious about how great God is. He is another product of aug 9th.

i agree with you about gardens. i like 'wild' ones much more. i can still appreciate the beauty of a more formal garden, but plants that look like they are growing where the seed landed are much more my style. with our yard we are trying to go for a semi-wild look on the back portion but it is something that will develop gradually thru the years. I might make a major exception to that plan and plant a pentagram pattern of plants around the apple tree. of course we also have this silly love of statuary and i love to put little mythical characters everywhere. :D

i agree with you about gardens. i like 'wild' ones much more. i can still appreciate the beauty of a more formal garden, but plants that look like they are growing where the seed landed are much more my style. with our yard we are trying to go for a semi-wild look on the back portion but it is something that will develop gradually thru the years. I might make a major exception to that plan and plant a pentagram pattern of plants around the apple tree. of course we also have this silly love of statuary and i love to put little mythical characters everywhere. :D

Hey, that sounds great :) I am really looking forward to see how that garden developes :) All I can tell you is that really wild gardens - while beeing easy at the beginning - start to make MUCH work after a few years if you want to actually keep them in YOUR garden and not in your neighboors garden :)

:p

i can see that happening. with the winds around here, we all share plants. i picked up a pair of forget-me-nots that weren't there before this year. and my neighbors recently planted jasmine is already climbing over our side of the fence. I have planted morning glories to compete with it:D

not t mention the fact that we lived here for over 4 years and just let it be wild. If i had not mowed it, the whole yard would be taller than the fence. :p

you should share some pics of your wild garden:)

Tada...back again from the death...

I'll take some pics of the garden once the weather is better...so hopefully tomorrow :)

What have I missed? What have I missed?

Back