Desktops...

To Neyo:

Hey, Neyo, you have your IceBook for some time now. Let's post a short "newbie report" ;)
Nothing like "it is slower than my PC but looks better" or something like this, I'd like to know what your feeling towards the Mac as a computing platform is. Most PC users start to compare the hardware specs, but they always forget the "experience" of using the system, e.g. how fluidly you can work etc.
You are now up-to-date with your OS X version, so tell us, what do you think of the Macintosh platform in general.

Code:
--Picture:--------------------------------------
NAME : screendump1_XXX.jpg
WTF : Audion 2.1 (up-right), Terminal.app (down
-right), GNU vcdtoolsX (front), DeskConsole 
(background).

--Equip:----------------------------------------
COMP : iMac DV SE
RAM : 128 mb RAM
HD : 80gb (e) + 20gb (i)
EXTRA : iSub, iSticks, Agfa Flatscan, Logitech 
Optical/free, iTview VGAtoTV and some other 
old stuff.

--End-------------------------------------------

Attachments

• screendump1_big.jpg
    screendump1_big.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 71
Code:
--Picture:--------------------------------------
NAME : screendump2_XXX.jpg
WTF : Audion 2.1 (up-right), Terminal.app (up
-left) running Jakarta Tomcat, DVDgreenPlayer 
(my own app), DeskConsole (background).

--Equip:----------------------------------------
COMP : iMac DV SE
RAM : 128 mb RAM
HD : 80gb (e) + 20gb (i)
EXTRA : iSub, iSticks, Agfa Flatscan, Logitech 
Optical/free, iTview VGAtoTV and some other 
old stuff.

--End-------------------------------------------

Attachments

• screendump2_big.jpg
    screendump2_big.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 61
Geez, you guys have some great looking desktops. I really didn't know you could tweak OS X to look like that.

I've got a question about my desktop, does anyone know how to change the icon for the print center? I've got a lexmark printer icon I'd like to use but the damn alias just doesn't want to let me change it.

*I rebooted and the icon is now changed. yay!*

Anyhoo, here it is.

Attachments

• snappy.jpg
    snappy.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 68
Cor blimey guvna'

some of your desktops are really different. Like changing the red/amber/green gems and altering the Dock. It's not cricket is it.

I'd just like to state for the record that not all british men over the age of 19 like Britney Spears.

Right. It took me 2 weeks using Terminal but I managed to hack Aqua into this....

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 85
Here's a screenshot of my new G4 800mhz tower, which I'm currently trying to set up. (Customize)

Can't help but feel like a proud new parent!!

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 65
Originally posted by alexachucarro
Right. It took me 2 weeks using Terminal but I managed to hack Aqua into this....

I like the pre-Aqua look also, the only problem is that I've gotten use to the window buttons being together on the left side now.

Attachments

• rhapsodydr2.jpg
    rhapsodydr2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 63
I'd just like to state for the record that not all british men over the age of 19 like Britney Spears.

I'm under 19, I can blame it on hormones.

Believe it or not, not all men in the US over the age of 19 like Britney Spears (argh... freaking fake corporate superstar with no real music talent to speak of... might as well be a blowup doll) either ;) *still hoping Pepsi stops putting their ads with her on during shows he likes* Of course, the mute button does help a little at least...

Cheers,
Dak

Guess it's my turn, so here's mine.

As you can see I'm kind of looking forward to Episode II. Just a little. :D

I'm ordering my DP G4 and iPod on Monday. They will be known as ObiWan and Darth Sidious. :D

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 82
This is my desktop. I use my 15" display (or monitor, I don't know the english word) in 1024 x 768 resolution.

Attachments

• marcelo.jpg
    marcelo.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 59
hey jokell82! What's the penguin icon on your dock???
And the Photoshop icon?? IS there a photoshop version for OS X??
Nice desktop!!

here's my contribution.:)
desktop.jpg

Originally posted by changomarcelo
hey jokell82! What's the penguin icon on your dock???
And the Photoshop icon?? IS there a photoshop version for OS X??
Nice desktop!!

The "penguin" icon is actually Adium. In the newest beta, is one of the dock icons you can choose.

And the Photoshop Icon is indeed a beta of Photoshop 7, beta 51 to be exact. The one wdw_ has is a slightly older one, looks like beta 43. But everyone I've tried has been rock solid stable, and extremely fast. Even on my iceBook 500. :D

Originally posted by jokell82

The "penguin" icon is actually Adium. In the newest beta, is one of the dock icons you can choose.

And the Photoshop Icon is indeed a beta of Photoshop 7, beta 51 to be exact. The one wdw_ has is a slightly older one, looks like beta 43. But everyone I've tried has been rock solid stable, and extremely fast. Even on my iceBook 500. :D

Hey! Good job sherlock.:p

That's exactly right. I've been trying to get beta 51, but haven't been able to yet.

Originally posted by ulrik

Hack Aqua into what???

just a joke. That was a screen shot of OS 9. Trying to be funny i guess. backfired a bit huh?

never mind

(damn my ludicrous sense of humour)

Back