Herve's Bar & Grill

Ed-- coming up on 3000 posts! i try to ignore post counts most of the time, but that's a damn impressive (or frightening) figure... :)

OK, no more talk of post counts in the B&G for the next week, at least, OK?

sorry to break the one-week ban of talking about post counts...

Originally posted by Bluefusion
Ed-- coming up on 3000 posts! i try to ignore post counts most of the time, but that's a damn impressive (or frightening) figure... :)

if that's impressive (or frightening) check out admiral's! almost 5000!!!!!!!!

There's a big difference: my plan works. There is no way we'll stop ever talking about post counts, but we can at least try to guarantee a week without them. Gradually, maybe a month without them, until finally no one bothers anymore. I mean, come on, it's little steps but it will work, instead of just saying "let's never ever ever talk about post counts again" which won't happen... little steps.

I've been listening, Admiral. :)

I've just been to busy trying to catch the monkey that's running around in the bar to put in my two cents.

Uh, in case you're wondering, Ed tried to make a milkshake for ksv in ksv's congrats thread, and ended up making a huge mess. ;) The monkey started cleaning up, but I guess had too much sugar in the process, and is now out of control. Don't ask how the monkey was cleaning up the ice cream and milk -- you don't want to know. You'd never have a shake in the B&G again. :D

Why not, indeed. The squirrels here in New York City's Battery Park are foolishly tame.. they will walk right up to you, walk over your foot, come up on the bench and sit down next to you--all for the hope (not the actual presence) of food.

It's quite sad, really... I wonder how many have been killed from such behavior...

Ahh, someone brought a monkey in to the B&G in the first few pages of the Grill, and it's been running around causing havoc ever since.

I'll try to snap a quick pic of it...

Here ya go -- sorry it took so long, I didn't think of bribing him with fruit until just a minute ago.. ;)

Attachments

• monkey-1.jpg
    monkey-1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 18
No, no one wants to see that. :p

BTW, I cheated. I got the pic from the web, since it looks a lot like our B&G monkey... And I got sick of chasing him around with the camera.

whew, the party is over. and i got out of the cocktail party at Stanford because i am so tired. so before i start doing a few more chores to get ready for the actual graduation tomorrow, i thought i would drop in and say hi.

Hi.

the party was a great success. It was so much fun that i eventually got a bit overwhelmed by the constant conversations and general noise. Everyone is gone now and i am alone in the house. It feels good.

and hey, the last bit of stuff in this bar was downright entertaining. See how fun it can be when you actually talk about something. It doesn't have to be anything meaningful, just something others can relate to.

btw - ulrik & Tismey, that interplay with the sleeping and beer and face drawing was one of the most entertaining collaborative pieces in here yet. If we had an awards show i would nominate it for something:D

Back