Herve's Bar & Grill

Songi: go to uttiities in the applications folder on your hard drive. in there, a program called "Software Restore" is there. launch that, throw in the system DVD, and it will give you the option to install apps, classic, and something else.

UNIX X11 said:
Songi: go to uttiities in the applications folder on your hard drive. in there, a program called "Software Restore" is there. launch that, throw in the system DVD, and it will give you the option to install apps, classic, and something else.

I don't have "Software Restore".

Did you get Software Restore disks with your G4?

If so, was OS X already installed when you got it, or did it have OS 9 initially?

Darkshadow said:
Did you get Software Restore disks with your G4?

If so, was OS X already installed when you got it, or did it have OS 9 initially?

I got those CDs with my Mac I think. It came with 9.2.1 and 10.1, but I have since reformatted. I guess it just comes preinstalled?

UNIX X11:
I had that in Utilities before I reformatted and installed a fresh copy of Panther. Now it's gone.

DarkShadow:
My PowerBook came with Jaguar Pre-Installed, and a single (1) Software Restore DVD - the one I've been trying to access with pacifist with no luck (besides the actual Jaguar Installation). Panther was bundled in the box.

yeh, ok songi. you MUST reformat with jaguar and archive and install panther. its like, a must. always do it, or else you;ll loose some apps.

no, it's not a must.

you can drag all you need - e.g. idvd that is not in pantehr cds, to your ipod or ext. hd. then after installing 10.3, just drag them back. idvd works fine, i stored it on my ipod.

Giaguara said:
Chevy, *cough* I think you have had enough beer. :D

Yes, sorry, it may have been one too many.

I'm back to green tea, less after-effects.

(the truth is that I didn't had any beer, I just had a very massive work overload).

Crap. Got way too drunk last night off of only two pints of beer. Met a friend for drinks after work. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. 9% alcohol. I don't think they should have been serving it in pint glasses.

Chevy, don't put on the mask when yuo order the beer. :-/

9 % beer in pint glasses, huh? I'd have been drunk after the 1st of those... ;)

.. depending if or what i have eaten before. Like now, after .. umh, after the dinner I had friday I'd be sure drunk after one drink. No beer though (for your notes, sogni), I'd rather have a caipirinha right now. Probably better eat though. Do we have any nachos on the bar?? Arden.. :D

Yea, I hope Arden can cook fish and chips. If not, there is some octopus rice left .. I'll look for the chips.

Get some Ben's & Jerry's too, sogni. ;)

Let's see if Arden even knows what the chips part of fish and chips is talking about. ;)

Yeah, hazmat, it came preinstalled. You can probably get it off of the software restore CD some way or another if you want it, but Disk Utility seems to be able to do restores (at least 10.3's Disk Utility can, I can't remember if the previous ones did or not).

Back