• Mostly OS X

• OS X and OS 9 equally

• Mostly OS 9

• OS 9

• OS 8.5 or older

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ricky

Registered
Just curious to see how many people here are completely OS X compliant. When Jaguar comes out, I will be.. My printer will be supported :D

All of my apps are X compliant right now, I could completely drop 9 any time I felt like it...

Personally, I only use X. I love it; and Classic is a pain. Anything I need to do I can do in X. My little sister is the only one in my house who uses classic: she likes to play a lot of older games that will never make it to X. The only game I truly miss is Tetris Max (EV with the Star Wars ANA plugin was also friggin' awesome, but maybe someone will do a similar plugin for EV Nova), and that was stopped being deveoped long before X. I wish I could get a copy of the source, and maybe make it Carbon. That would be soooooo cool!! It was the best Tetris game I ever played . . . . and now it is gone:( . Oh well, if I ever set up my old Performa, maybe I will make it a game machine: EV (the first one), Tetris Max, and SimCity 2000. Now that I have gotten way off-topic, lets see some more replies to this poll!

LOL! Yes, i voted for Pre 8.5

i Don't have my iBook @ the moment, and so use 8.1 emulated on Windows (ahem) XP :D

NeYo

I'm in X for probably 98% of my comp usage. I'll only boot into 9 if I'm desperate to hear the music in Unreal Tournament

i use classic for scanning (import -> twain in photoshop 6.o). that's it.

I use Mac OS X for 99.5% of my uses: I have Mac Office X, Quake 3 Arena (OS X vesion), VueScan X for scanning, AOL IM, Mozilla for cruising the web, BBEdit Lite for OS X for serious text editing, and X48 (Hewlett Packard 48GX calculator emulator). The ONLY reason I ever use classic is for chemistry drawing programs. One is not available for OS X, and the other and much better one is, but costs too much to upgrade. CambridgeSoft wants FULL PRICE for a 6 --> 7 upgrade. NO WAY! I don't have $500 (educational discount) laying around.

My desktop is OSX, but I keep my iBook at 9.2 in case I have the urge to play Tropico. It's just too slow in OSX even on my G4. Someone, Apple, Pop-Top, ATI, I don't know should see if they can fix that problem.

I use X for browsing, mails, media and a bit of design. But most games and design work I still do in 9, because X won't handle them fast enough.

My Epson Stylus Photo EX does not work in X, so I have to boot in 9 to print in Color. :(

i would prefer to use X all the time but really, its not fast enough on my iBook - especially with Flash mx and FireWorks.

Im gonna have to stick with OS9 for Pro-Tools and other audio apps.

I do like OS X, but my scanner does not work with it. So, until a driver is released....

I also use WordPerfect 3.5e I am not sure I am ready to convert all my documents to AppleWorks at this time.

ALL OS X, ALL THE TIME

All you classic users: REPENT! For the End is Near! Convert to OS X! PLEASE!

semi-:)

Originally posted by Cheryl
I do like OS X, but my scanner does not work with it. So, until a driver is released....

I also use WordPerfect 3.5e I am not sure I am ready to convert all my documents to AppleWorks at this time.

VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/) is a sharware scanner application that works with many scanners. It was the only software that would allow me to scan in Mac OS X and is one of the best programs I've ever used. Once you start scanning, you can go about your business doing other things since it doesn't hog the CPU cycles. Plus, it's feature-rich. It works with film scanner too for scanning negatives and slides in addition to flatbed scanners. I highly recommend this program to anyone with a flatbed scanner with which the software works. You can download it and try before you buy. It has better software algorithms for image quality than the software that HP included with my Mac OS 9 drivers. Well worth the $40.00.

just the other day i reformated my system drive and did a osx only install, and man it runs like a dream... the only thing i was using classic for was resedit, and now that vuescan works (sorta) i can do anything i want osx only and it feels so good.

its just better...

not to burst anyone's bubble, but the truth is that most Mac users still use os 9. My school has a huge mac lab with over 200 quicksilver G4s, all running os 9, my ex-girlfriend still uses os 9, my father has an TiBook he keeps running os 9 with... sorry but its just frustrating. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by deagle five o
not to burst anyone's bubble, but the truth is that most Mac users still use os 9. My school has a huge mac lab with over 200 quicksilver G4s, all running os 9, my ex-girlfriend still uses os 9, my father has an TiBook he keeps running os 9 with... sorry but its just frustrating. :rolleyes:
True true. Didn't Steve say at the last Macworld conference that only like 10% had switched over to X.

I for one have not used classic application for over a month, and it's only when I want to play Risk II. I have not booted into Classic since I ripped out the old hard drive and installed this new one over 6 months ago.

Back