What's your opinion about Macwarez?!

http://jester2988.lagparty.org/warez.html

true true, that is so true! very few pirates actually make use of their software! it's actually like the real medieval pirates! they get a trasure and don't spend it but burry it. and that is their pleasure to know they have something of value. so, let me ask you this WHat is bad? steling software and using it. or stealing software and not using it. ...

Originally posted by AppleWatcher
Maybe that guy is right... But it is also 5 years ago!
Haven't times changed??

AppleWatcher

LOL! I'll say they have! Here's a quote from the article:
"These kids have huge 3GB hard drives full of compressed software ..."
(Bolding by me.)
:D

people times have not changed, piracy is still here and the drive behind piracy is the same as before, greed. just because the guy's hardware has changed and we got newer technologies that has nothing to do with what i meant! really poeple what is the focus here piracy or the guys hardrive?

anyway. life must go on. this thread is about to die or change it''s topic to something completely new just like the other ultrapopular thread "may i cus"

blah blah...

A Day in the Life of...
Holy smokes! I think MacWarez is the only thing on AppleWatcher's mind.

7AM - Wake up & get ready for school. What clothes will I WArez?
12pm - I will sneak out to McDonalds and get a Big MacWArez to eat.
3pm - now WArez that bus that will take me home?
--------------------------

Haha c'mon this thread is 15 (or after this post maybe 16) pages, and I started this thread because I wanted to know other opinions... And I have to add my opinion, of course :D;)

AppleWatcher

yea, and if i don't post on schedule, he asks "WArez Ed?"

so Applewatcher, i will be putting together my new wheelbarrow and working in the yard more this weekend if the weather allows. so there is one less Warez you will have to worry about:p

btw - theed has started a slightly different slant on this subject in the non tech forum for anybody who is really interested in discussion and not just winning an arguement or rationalizing behaviors;)

I may still say more here but this circular arguing is as bad as trying to reason with a troll at times.

Sorry guys, sorry, sorry I do apologize :)

---------

so Applewatcher, i will be putting together my new wheelbarrow and working in the yard more this weekend if the weather allows. so there is one less Warez you will have to worry about

btw - theed has started a slightly different slant on this subject in the non tech forum for anybody who is really interested in discussion and not just winning an arguement or rationalizing behaviors

I may still say more here but this circular arguing is as bad as trying to reason with a troll at times.
------------

AppleWatcher ;)

I think we all agree that piracy is morally wrong and you should pay for software. That said, many of us are students (college or younger) and don't exactly make enough money to drop half-a-grand on apps. I don't really want to get into it, but I would hope that these forums take the stance where, we don't support warez, but we don't fly off the hook when someone asks about it or eludes to the fact that they use it.

I can't stand reading posts in MacAddict about LimeWire or Morpheus and reading some self-righteous Jhole telling people to 'spend the $15 and buy the CD.'

I think we all agree that piracy is morally wrong and you should pay for software. That said, many of us are students (college or younger) and don't exactly make enough money to drop half-a-grand on apps. I don't really want to get into it, but I would hope that these forums take the stance where, we don't support warez, but we don't fly off the hook when someone asks about it or eludes to the fact that they use it.

Nice point, themacko ;)

AppleWatcher

So guys... :D

This was the 16-pages-long-"What's your opinion about Macwarez"-thread started by me :D

I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for your opinion ;)

AppleWatcher

PS Was this the longest thread ever :confused:
I don't think so? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by AppleWatcher
Sorry guys, sorry, sorry I do apologize :)

---------

so Applewatcher, i will be putting together my new wheelbarrow and working in the yard more this weekend if the weather allows. so there is one less Warez you will have to worry about

btw - theed has started a slightly different slant on this subject in the non tech forum for anybody who is really interested in discussion and not just winning an arguement or rationalizing behaviors

------------

AppleWatcher ;)

Hehe... just for future reference, you can hit the "quote" button below and to the right of the user's post that you wanna quote to make it show up as a "real" quote, nice and easy -- instead of putting some dashes in, copying & pasting and putting some more dashes in to signal the end of the quote.

Not trying to be tacky... just letting you in on that! It took me a while to see that feature, but it's saved me a ton of misunderstanding on who I'm replying to and a lot of keyboard shortcuts!

Whoops! Sorry, Applewatcher... I saw that you did that on subsequent posts... sorry! I wish someone would have told me about it at first instead of me fiddling with it and finally finding out how easy it was...

BTW -- I'm still against warez downloading... ;)

Yes OK ElDiablo,

But there's a little bug (I assume): If you quote more than one alinea, you only get the first alinea... :rolleyes:

Thanks for bringing up this thread again ;)

AppleWatcher

I thought alinea was an English word...
I don't know what it's name in english texts, but I do know what it is called in poems etc:

stanza

AppleWatcher :D

Oh, you mean like those posts where the quoted text is broken up into multiple quote "stanzas" or paragraphs, and the quoter responds to individual quotes after each one? If that's what you mean, mine's always worked for me -- although you have to manually put (B)(QUOTE) and (/B)(/QUOTE) before and after the individual paragraphs manually... (and replace those '(' and ')' symbols with square brackets)

Back