Apple News: MacOS 10.3.3 Update Released

Zammy-Sam

Desertchild
Check out SU!

Key enhancements include:

network volumes are now available in the Finder sidebar and Desktop for convenient access
improved file sharing and directory services for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS) and PC (SMB/CIFS) networks
improved PostScript and USB printing
updated Disk Utility, DVD Player, Image Capture, Mail and Safari applications
additional support for FireWire and USB devices
improved compatibility for third party applications
previous standalone security updates and Bluetooth Update 1.5

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25711

First come, first served...

Downloading it now, as I type. I hope that this update the graphics drivers as past posts have indicated as I want my Spearhead to work. :mad:

I will post later on my findings, hopefully, nothing will go wrong ::angel::

I see no mention of graphic driver or OpenGL updates. I hope they didn't remove this at the last second! :(

no change in the graphics. got the same fps in quake timedemo as with 10.3.2

btw, what do they mean with network drives in sidebar / desktop, they've been there before...

Racer D said:
no change in the graphics. got the same fps in quake timedemo as with 10.3.2

btw, what do they mean with network drives in sidebar / desktop, they've been there before...

why dont u try ut 2k3 or 2k4 or halo. i want to see how those games run.

Ah, I was _right_ :) It's wonderful to be right once in a while. 7F44, I said, and Monday. :)

Oh I so hope they didnt remove the graphics updates...can someone please verify this? I cant d/l it right now to see for myself...

Yep, strangely, the updater is smaller than the beta versions and doesn't mention the OpenGL stuff at all. I'm now thinking that I have a strange mixed version which has newer OpenGL drivers than others' 7F44... Lemme look at System Profiler... Graphics Driver version is 1.3.8, it seems...

pwharff said:
I see no mention of graphic driver or OpenGL updates. I hope they didn't remove this at the last second! :(

It seems that Apple have :mad:

No mention whatsoever in the Read Me, either in the Installer or on the website.

That could explain why 10.3.3 updater is 20MB smaller that the betas.

Shame on you Apple...

Well, it's been an hour or so, and I don't notice anything different whatsoever (and no problems either ;) ) I never had any SMB share issues anyway, and what's this about network drives now appearing in the side-panel thing and the desktop, they always did!

Well, I'm glad I repaired permissions. That were a lot of corrections (and I repaired just before the update too). All seems good, so far. I'm glad Apple acknowledged the Networking issue for SMB and it looks like it is fixed. :)

Just completed five trouble free updates to 10.3.3. So far the most notable change to me has been is the vastly improved network connection routine. :D This is a big update, 58+ MB and when I downloaded the software update server was running S L O W. So if you have more than one machine to update, be sure and use the update and save or straight download option in Software Update. Not surprisingly 10.3.3 is not available on Apple's download site yet. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

most prolly they couldn't solve the bugs on the graphic driver and OpenGL...or they gonna have a 'small' update of 10.3.3.1 for graphic only? lol

Back