Congrats to Ulrik!

Originally posted by ulrik
What have I missed? What have I missed?

What have you missed? What have we missed? Have you gotten your new toys yet? Remember to post pics and screenshots for show-and-tell.

:D

Oh, don't ask. It was an odysee! I got the sun, but am still searching the display for it. The guy who wanted to send me the SGI got ill and it took forever. Now I offered him to visit him and take it with me, so now I will visit him next tuesday to FINALLY get the SGI... :mad:

At the moment, I have a rather threatening deadline for a web project on friday, that's why I haven't been to the forums in the past few days. After friday, I will have more spare time (and boy will I celebrate on Friday...that project not only pays off the debths from my last car purchase but will be enough to buy the top of the line G5 once it's released (if it isn't much more expensive than the current top of the line Quicksilver).

So, though hard at work, I am really happy since business runs great at the moment, I already have two other projects which I will start next week, not to mention my own online printshop project :D

SOON, I WILL BE RICH, RICH ENOUGH TO GET FAMOUS!!! :D :D :D

Oh, don't ask. It was an odysee! I got the sun, but am still searching the display for it. The guy who wanted to send me the SGI got ill and it took forever. Now I offered him to visit him and take it with me, so now I will visit him next tuesday to FINALLY get the SGI... :mad:

At the moment, I have a rather threatening deadline for a web project on friday, that's why I haven't been to the forums in the past few days. After friday, I will have more spare time (and boy will I celebrate on Friday...that project not only pays off the debths from my last car purchase but will be enough to buy the top of the line G5 once it's released (if it isn't much more expensive than the current top of the line Quicksilver).

So, though hard at work, I am really happy since business runs great at the moment, I already have two other projects which I will start next week, not to mention my own online printshop project :D

SOON, I WILL BE RICH, RICH ENOUGH TO GET FAMOUS!!! :D :D :D

well, that would be a good thing. I always seem to end up infamous wherever i go but never see much money for it.:( :p

The small garden from my parents, shot from the terrasse of my flat.

Attachments

• garden_frommyterasse.jpg
    garden_frommyterasse.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 14
The other cat, cowardly hiding behind my hockey equipment...

So this it was, I will take pics of the other garden I talked about as soon as I get there (it's not next to our house)...that's where I burried the other cat which died a day ago...:(...it's the "still under production"-garden where I want to create a larger pond...

Attachments

• garden_cathiding.jpg
    garden_cathiding.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 15
Great pictures ulrick. Beautiful garden setup. I could actually see the fish in the pond shot.

Giving you a run for your money Ed. Watch out.

You play goalie! Hahaha. That brings back memories of my roller hockey days. I know, it's not real hockey unless it's on ice, but it sure felt like it when I use to get checked into the fences. Usually played the wings. And the whale-hook was my favorite stick maneuver. hehehe. Everyone is so sensitive about their testicles. ;)

Ulrik and Klink I want to be famous to and not fanless. This morning I was in www.gamemania.be to receive my presents. A playstationmagazine for nothing and now I am participating at the questiongame on www.macosx.com. As former member of http://www.sabam.be/gd/index.html (BTW graduate in informatics) I am convinced that I have the permission to use there music and it can't be wrong when Let's The D.J.! is recognised as music by the RIAA. And if you need words look at my postcounts. I am in the top5.

Originally posted by Hervé Hinnekens
Ulrik and Klink I want to be famous to and not fanless. This morning I was in www.gamemania.be to receive my presents. A playstationmagazine for nothing and now I am participating at the questiongame on www.macosx.com. As former member of http://www.sabam.be/gd/index.html (BTW graduate in informatics) I am convinced that I have the permission to use there music and it can't be wrong when Let's The D.J.! is recognised as music by the RIAA. And if you need words look at my postcounts. I am in the top5.

Hehe, thanx!

I actually started with roller hockey WAAAAY backed but moved to icehockey really quickly. I don't like roller hockey, you are so immobile compared to ice...no sideway movement etc. Especially as goaltender. I actually player quite good, the last two years I played in the 5th lague of germany (from the top league) as second goaltender, playing 6 of 22 games in the last season, it was really cool. I moved to the team with three fellow juniors, and we where the youngbloods in the team. But I had to pause for a year due to a knee injury now, only playing twice a weak in a hobby team with some of the players from the team, but next season I'll be back in the team...this time hopefully as first goaltender, since the current first one quits playing and I already heared that they are getting another one from the juniors, a young guy, 17 years, which I actually trained, so I am confident that I will play first goaltender....YIPIE :D :D

Herve congrats on your graduate degree! And the sabam site looks great. Big change in the last six months. Waiting for them to finish the English version.
Silly, you are famous.

No doubt you're in it big time, ulrick. Kicked your knee and back after 2 seasons or 1? What hit your knee? Torn cartilage and ligaments myself. From cycling though. Tough guy that I am.

Thanks for replying I have nothing more than that graduate and a jobcontract that I can't be fired. There are 800 candidates for receiving my job and for having the same job as me... I was sawing at the television and I saw Samantha Fox. I am a regular boy.

said by my bud klink
Great pictures ulrick. Beautiful garden setup. I could actually see the fish in the pond shot.

Giving you a run for your money Ed. Watch out.

well, i couldn't agree more. thanks for sharing them. your little garden would be a place i would feel very comfortable in. Of course i love all the cobblestones, the pond with all the statues, and the cats. I notice you have lots of container plants. We expect to add a few eventually. they are just so much more work to take care of - more watering and all. But yours all look pretty healthy.

Originally something like your glass roof was what i wanted in the back along with something for wind break (like your short walls) but now we are just going to add a whole room so that will never happen. i still think about doing something like yours only with just slats and letting vining plants form a roof. i would put it in the area in front of the pond. but my old lady isn't real fond of the idea plus i now worry about it blocking morning sun from the pond, so it probably will never happen.

hey, i would have said something sooner but you and klink and herve were having such a nice conversation, i was just sorta hanging back listening til it was my turn;)

i am really looking forward to seeing the wild garden after seeing these!!

Glad you like it :)

It's not very big, but very calm and beautiful in the summer since it is "shielded" by another house from the street (the house in which I live). Both belong to my parents, so as you can see, I am just living a few meters away from my parents (the first picture was taken from my terasse in the *penthouse*).

I try to help as often as I can in the garden, the pond was the work of me and my father. It's really relaxing after a whole day of work in front of the Mac.

The other "garden", as I said, is still heavily under construction, so most plants are still small and it is quite empty at the moment until they start to grow. I will take some pics once I am there :)

so i was wondering, do you know much about algae control? I have been adding more oxygenator plants, added chemicals, changing the filter everyday and it seems to be getting worse instead of better. I would really like to have the water clear when we have the big grad party on may 18. any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

as for the other garden and small plants. that is the fun of it. watching all those little plants become show pieces of beauty over time. some pics now will only make us appreciate the pics later when it is overgrown;)

I sure hope our yard looks much different a year from now. there are several plants i am counting on growing at least 2-3 feet by summer's end. (there are some i just hope i can keep them alive till summer. I think one of my major joys is getting german chamomile to grow. i have never had any luck with it before but it is thriving right behind the fountain 'rock'. I am excited i might actually get blooms this summer.

First, I have no clue about algae control. All I can tell is - as you can see from the pic - that every four weeks we (usually me or my father) have to clean the pond because the water is too *green* to see something. We then just catch the fishes, put them somewhere else (bathtube or something), empty the pond, completely clean it and add new, fresh and clean water. Then we put the fishes back. But both my father and I have NO clue about what you ask, we just always clean the pond...of course their has to be a better way, but I fear I can't help you with it...

about growing plants, yes, it is a pleasure. For example, I am standing in front of the "new", empty garden and I see how it will look in two years...because I know what we have planted, what should grow etc.
Anybody who just passes by sees an mainly empty field...:rolleyes:

:p

sounds like you guys do it the hard way. part of what we are trying to do is to create a self sustaining ecosystem that requires minimum maintainence. I am thinking it is about time to try some aquatic snails to eat the algae. perhaps i will start checking out prices on them online. The japanese variety i saw another time looked very nice with pretty black pointed shells. there young also help feed the fish which keeps the snail population from getting out of control. Interesting that it was about 4 weeks before our water started getting too green as well. At first i liked it, it looked more natural. then it got to where you couldn't see past the surface.

the algae killing chemicals are starting to work and i am cleaning the filter every day. On sun. we sat and fed the fish some goldfish food and suddenly they all came out of hiding. I think i got my $6 worth of entertainment out of them just watching them feed. they stayed very active much of the day. i have predicted which one will be the next to be cat food - it hid under a lily pad with it's tail sticking out all day.:D but ther are at least 12 of the original 20 left so far. not bad.

ah yes, envisioning the garden in the future. i find myself doing that a lot. i tend to see it as impatience in that i wish much of it was already there. Too much instant gratification i guess.:p I am also starting to see already how i may have overplanted a few spaces. I have never had any luck with chamomile and didn't expect it to grow much. however it is really taking off and i think it will soon cover some other plants if i don't watch it carefully. I have also created some difficult mowing situations. I think i am going to have to start using the dam weedwhacker. that is a big advantage to your patio garden - no mowing!!

Back