Herve's Bar & Grill

Sogni congrats!!! :)

Ed, I can't see that page right now. When I wake up, I range typically around 36-40 bpm... and in the afternoon I am sometimes at 46 bpm without feeling more tired than usual. I don't consider myself superathletic, though I do / did walk sometimes up to 30 miles a day (average maybe 2 ml?) .. I feel worse and am more slow when I wake up dehydrated, but 36 .. to me sounds bad. I don't know of blood pressures etc, only that whenever I wake up in the hospital and they check it out, it is either too low or too high, they look on it every time. I guess low but it could be high too? Just something that judging from their reactions should not be. :-/

I just got Finding nemo DVD! It has a game too .. that of course runs on Macs too! Got to try it now.. :D

yea, anything under 50 is pretty low. i suppose you're alive and that's what really matters. you are alive, right? :D

of course if you're taking certain medications, they could contribute to this. there are certainly some meds you would want to avoid if that's your natural normal. otherwise i wouldn't get too worried about it unless something else seems to be wrong.

G, considering your diet consisting of very little, I'm not surprised you don't have a really high blood pressure. You don't ingest lots of red meat or fatty snack foods regularly, though I doubt that coffee helps anything. It's better to be too low than too high, because it means blood is circulating very well through your body. High pressure means your heart has to beat harder to pump the same amount of blood.

Sogni, awesome! About the Firewire issue, though, are you sure it isn't just your cable?

Well, arden I haven't had any meat (including birds) since 1990 .. and yea, I keep kicking.

I had out some food in the last 2 days, mainly grilled vegetables and rice, but still cooked on a way I'm not used to. So yesterday my body felt it, and now it's worse, I feel like I had run a marathon (the muscles).

sogni, did you sleep with your powerbook last nite? :p

Eat some food G! You need to make sure you get enough protein since you don't eat meat. Protein is vital to the health of your heart and other muscles.

So I've been using my PowerBook 5 minutes after I opened the box yesterday! I swear I was up and running and doing WORK in under 5 minutes! :D

I've just about got it installed and configured to my needs. Everything so far is running great!

On question tho, what the HECK is this???
http://sergio.nzdigital.com/webalbum/PowerBook/PB120039

I can't figure out where the darn thing plugs into! I see NOTHING ANYWHERE with that kind of connections. Not the PowerBook, not the batter... what is it???!!! :p
It came in the box along with the PowerBook.

I'm so happy Apple threw in the mini-dvi to VGA adaptor! Only 19 bucks, but that woulda put me over my budget! :D

Oh and I got it all at a student price - at the actual retail store! I was amazed! :) :) :)

You know your power adaptor? Well, you can slide a part of that off and slide that cord on, so it's longer. If you look closely at your adaptor you can see where.

Such beauty, the powerbook, sogni .. like mine. :D

I ate ... and my body hurts again. I guess I'll go low proteine tomorrow ... rethinking, I guess the blood pressure is low (rather than high) as it's often hard to feel it for more than a few seconds.

too tired to see a movie .. sucks. tomorrow i'll see for sure one. i was somewhere undecided which of them ... Central Station, Live Flesh or the Blade(I&II)s ..

G: Pratically slept with it. I just cant keep my hands off of it! It has increased my productivity by 5x!
Well worth every penny! :)

The only irk I have with it is, the Expose buttons are way too far away from the mouse pad (I'm usually mousing when I want to hit an Expose key), and Apple with their Single-Button design driving me nuts! LOL :p

I swear, they now need to make 4 buttons for their mouse-pads on their 'books! heh :)

Going to have to put reflective or glow-in-the-dark stickers on F9, F10 & F11 so I don't have to squint in the dark to find the keys. :p

Sogni arent those f keys fast enough to find? I have more problems with \ as you see probably in many posts. the keyboard (it pro) i had before had the return button that was vertical, so part of us return and the \ were both return. thatswhy i guess i still typo \ too often. Well, at least []<>{}`~ no more pain to get those et al charachters ... :)

Hm, probably better start today with a chocolate than with a coffee... i don't want to mix coffee with painkillers. :-/

Sogni : yeah, the one-button mouse is dumb, but there are utilities around to help you work around that. One allows a tap to work as a right-click. I suppose that would help.

The one-button mouse is one thing keeping me from getting a Mac laptop.

Maybe I just need to get used to them?
Since they are half-keys it's harder to read what they are in the dark. It'd be easier if they where the last 3 keys on the right so I wouldn't even have to think about which is which. :p

It's funny how quickly I got used to the PowerBook keys tho!
I have a "Matrix" style PC keyboard (2 of them actually a usb and a ps/2) that are about the same size and they SUCK! Keys in the wrong places, smaller keys closer together. I always type the wrong keys when using those!
But I only use them for servicing other computers 'n servers (main reason we got them cuz they dont take up much space on a rack at the server farm).

Why pain killers? :(
Haven't taken any as of late myself, my leg is doing so much better (pain wise). I even rode out to Santa Monica and back on my MotorBike (scooter) with some other guys who own the same kind of bikes. That was fun! My leg was in pain and weak by the end of the day, but we where out for hours! I wasn't even sure I'd last 1 hour! heh :)

For some reason I want a Mocha so bad right now! No money tho. :(

Hazmat,
it's only Expose where I notice the 1-button annoyance. Other than that I actually don't miss having a multiple button mouse, altho I think I'll use one (or a tablet - need a new one!) for when I get back into doing more graphic work (very light graphic work at the moment).

It's really not bad! And I have a 4 button mouse on the desktop (dual g4).

Sogni -- You bought a powerbook and it cost so much you can't even buy coffee? :^) I would have too.
And having a one button mouse isn't a problem, I'm sure it just takes a few days to change your work habits from two button to one button. Also it shouldn't be every hard to get used to the new key layout, you just need a little bit of experience working with it.

I've had my iBook for about a week and a half now. I don't find the one button to be a bad thing, but I really miss the scroll wheel still.

Well, I'm getting more used to it, at least.

Darkshadow said:
I've had my iBook for about a week and a half now. I don't find the one button to be a bad thing, but I really miss the scroll wheel still.

Well, I'm getting more used to it, at least.

Oh, they have utilities to address that as well.

It is all about getting used to.. I've been used the touchpads for the past 4 years and I'm ok with them and graphic tablets, actually I dind difficulties using some wireless mice (especially those for only right handed, "ergonomic" models are jsut oo big and clumsy). :-/

Right, like I want something to emulate a scroll wheel. :p

It's taking me time to get used to not having a scroll wheel, is all. I've been using one for the past 3 1/2 years, so it just feels odd not to have one.

Touchpads I have no problem with - my first two macs were laptops. I also don't have a problem with the shorter keyboard. ;)

Back